Farming is a unique way of life and it requires a unique kind of insurance policy. Your SurNet broker will be able to inspect your operations and tailor a farm policy to meet your specific needs. No two farms are alike…but they are all equally important. Discuss the following coverage options with your broker today.
Dwelling and Contents
- For the residential farm house and it’s contents, similar to a personal home policy.
- Snowload and collapse.
- Replacement Cost.
- Increased construction costs due to by-laws.
- Replacement cost (optional).
- Damage to non-owned machinery.
- Loss of use (optional)
- Corporate or family farm operations.
- Environmental pollution coverage.
- Non-owned livestock coverage
Outbuildings and Structures
- Similar to a home policy, this section would offer coverage for barns and/or sheds.
- Loss of future earnings as a result of a covered loss.
Directors and Officers
Many organizations have a Board of Directors and Officers who are required to act in good faith and in the best interest of the organization for which they serve. Their basic duties may include:
- Duty of Diligence (Duty of Care): Act reasonably, in good faith, in the organization’s best interest.
- Duty of Loyalty: Place the interest of the organization before your own.
- Duty of Obedience: Act within the scope of the organization, within applicable rules and laws.
Directors may be liable for:
- Failing to act as stated under a statute (ie: if the statute requires the directors to maintain certain records and they are not).
- Non-compliance of the organization with a statute (ie: mismanagement, financial losses, wrongful dismissal, employee discrimination).
Whether you travel for a week at a time, or vacation in warmer weather for the entire winter, we have a travel insurance policy to suit your style and budget.
Without travel insurance, you may find yourself spending your holiday dollars on medical expenses or incurring additional costs due to the decline in your travel suppliers financial stability.
Coverage can be purchased to cover exactly the duration of the trip. Alternatively, you can arrange for a multi-trip policy that covers an unlimited amount of trips within a certain time period (usually one year).
Life and Financial
To many, life insurance and financial planning can be quite confusing. To make it easier on our customer, many of our brokers are also licensed to sell life insurance and mutual funds so you can have a conversation about your future needs the next time to contact your broker to make a change to your home or auto policy.
There are many different types of life insurance: Term, Universal and Whole Life. Your SurNet broker will be able to discuss the differences to determine which one is best suited to your unique needs.
Contact a SurNet Representative for more information or a quote.